Thursday, May 16, 2013

What's Up Wednesday (Late): New Revlon Super Lusterous Lipgloss- Sugar Violet

Hey Ladies,

First of all, I am sorry this post is late going up.  Traveling over the past week has kicked my butt :(

I am sure that many of you have heard (or seen) that Revlon has released a new formula and shades of their Super Lustrous Lipgloss.  This news will likely be met with mixed feelings, as many people adore the old line and all signs point to it being discontinued. 

The new lipgloss comes in 10 shades and retails for roughly the same price as the old glosses.    The new tubes are round instead of square and and deliver only .13 fl ounces of product.  The old tubes held 2 fl ounces.  Less product for the same price is a bit of a bummer, but I wanted to try the new formula anyway.

I find the new formula less sticky than before, and the scent is different.  I wasn't really a fan of the previous, slightly-minty scent, and I am neutral on the new one.  It doesn't stink, but it doesn't smell good either.  I read that it is a vanilla scent, but I don't really smell vanilla.

On to the actual shade I purchased- Sugar Violet

First of all, Sugar Violet is gorgeous in the tube!  It is a bright purple-pink color with visible glitter.  It immediately jumped out at me in the display.

Revlon Sugar Violet and Snow Pink (Picture from Allure)
http://www.allure.com/beauty-products/makeup/lip-gloss/2013/revlon-super-lustrous-lip-gloss
I was really hoping for a MAC Heroine look on the lips, but this product did not deliver.  It turned out to be very faintly pigmented.  On my lips, it looked more or less like a clear gloss with glitter.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I wanted.


Wearing only Revlon Super Lusterous Lipgloss in Sugar Violet


Swatch of Sugar Violet
The new lipglosses were released with a new line of Super Lustrous Shine Lipsticks.  I picked up Berry Couture and will be reviewing that for you in a few days. 

Have you ladies tried anything from this launch?  Some of the other glosses look really good, so I might be willing to try again.  Are you sad to see the old Super Lustrous glosses fade away?  Scoop them up now, while they are on clearance!

Talk Soon,

T.

1 comment: