Friday, May 3, 2013

Get Fit Friday: Go Outside!

Hello All,

Yesterday, my office had a team morale event, and at first, "I was like, whoopie, team morale" in my usual sarcastic way, but after a bit of time outside, I was loving life!  The weather was beautiful, my coworkers played cornhole, wiffle ball and volleyball, and I even shocked myself by joining in on some flag football.

It was so nice to be outside and to be active during the workday.  I promised myself that I am going to continue to get outside during the day.  Sitting at my desk is not going to get me any closer to my fitness goals.  Over the next few weeks, I am going to make a conscious effort to go outside for at least half an hour (part of my lunch hour) during the work week and get some physical activity in before the end of the workday.  I think it will work wonders for me physically and mentally (thanks, vitamin D!).

What do you all do to stay in shape despite sitting at a desk all day?  What are some fitness activities you are looking forward to, now that the weather is so beautiful?

Talk Soon,

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment