Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What's Up Wednesday: Doctor's Visit

Hello All,

I am not feeling well, and I went to the doctor today.  Something about going to the doctor always frustrates me, and I feel like I never get anything accomplished.  She poked, prodded, ran some tests and sent me to the hospital for some x-rays.  I left without any answers and a lot more questions.  Ugh!

Anyway, I didn't have a lot of time for blogging in between doctor's visits, but I wanted to type out a few tips to help me (and maybe you) during the next doctor's appointment.

1) Tell the doctor EVERYTHING- You never know what little details could make a big difference.

2) Remember to ask questions- If your doctor says something you don't understand, ask him/her to clarify.  There are no stupid questions- especially when it comes to your health.

3) Ultimately, you are responsible for your own health- If you are uncomfortable with a diagnosis or treatment plan, seek a second opinion.  Do everything you can do to ensure that you feel good about the decisions being made about your health.

I hope all of you are doing well, and I will post again on Fitness Friday.

Talk Soon,

T.


No comments:

Post a Comment