Monday, April 8, 2013

FOTD: Love Affair with Louis

Hey Girls,

Here is a quick face of the day and mini product review on some of my recent NYX purchases.  I used the NYX In Love with Paris palette in Love Affair with Louis for my eyes and also used NYX lip products.  See below for more details!

FOTD
Swatches: Love Affair with Louis
Love Affair with Louis
You all already know my thoughts on the adorable NYX packaging.   Love Affair with Louis features vibrant blue shades that look absolutely stunning in the pan.  These are all shimmery shades, and there are some gorgeous deep blues and a teal that offset the more neutral options.  Unfortunately, these do not swatch or show up on the eyes very well.  The colors sort of blend together and give off a gray effect.  I did really enjoy the teal, which I used as eyeliner, and the medium blue shade is also quite nice.

Eye Look- Love Affair with Louis
Since I chose a bold eye look, I decided to keep the lips simple.  I used NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar and topped it with NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie.  I absolutely love the lipstick and can't say enough good things about the formula, pigmentation and finish.  I am not a huge fan of the butter gloss.  I do not find it very pigmented, and the formula is okay.  It smells nice and does not feel sticky.  I love the NYX Mega Shine formula (minus the smell), and this one doesn't compare in terms of shade selection or ease of wear.
NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie, Love Affair with Louis, NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar

Whipped Caviar, Maple Blondie
Also wearing:

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation- Shell
Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation- Medium Beige (Used as powder)
Almay Line-Smoothing Concealer
NYC Bronzer- Sunny
MAC Blush- Loverush
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner- Zero
Almay Get Up and Grow Mascara- Black Brown

That is all for now.  Have you tried any of these products?

Talk Soon,

T.

3 comments:

  1. oohhh Whipped Caviar looks pretty! I adore NYX lipsticks, especially the extreme lip creams :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! NYX is on sale at Ulta right now. 40% off. I don't exactly need any new cosmetics, but I did pick up one new lipstick!

      Delete
  2. Wow,sooo beautiful.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete