Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I Heart Tarte!!!

Hello Lovelies,

I made a purchase last week during Tarte's friends and family sale, and I must admit, I am smitten.  I plan to do full reviews of all my new goodies, but for now, I want to talk about the TEN eyeshadow pallette.
Image from Tarte Website
It was on sale for $30, and with the FF discount, I got it for $21.  It comes with 10 full-size eyeshadows, a double-ended liner and a brush.  Plus, it is in a really cute little compact that is great for traveling or carrying everyday.

The top row includes a matte highlight color as well as an amazing purple shimmer!
The kit includes 3 matte finish shadows, two that are a satin finish and five shimmers.

The bottom row features gorgeous dark shades, including a matte brown and matte dark gray!
The only major complaint I have about the kit is that the shades are not named.  That being said, some of the colors are gorgeous!  In particular, I like the copper shade and the shimmery purple.  The pigmentation on the shadows is insane, and with a primer, they last all day.

The pencil liners are also very pigmented.  After trying these, I am excited to try more Tarte eyeliners!  I especially like the deep plum liner but will admit they are a bit hard to apply at first.  Once the liner softens a bit, they are great.  The brush is okay for all over shadow application; however,I like to use more than one brush while creating eye looks.

Tarte Liners in Black and Deep Plum
Overall, I recommend checking out Tarte shadows.  I will have more reviews coming in the next few weeks on other Tarte products, including two of their holiday kits.

Just for fun, here is a pic my six-year-old nephew drew of my boyfriend:


'Tis the season!

Talk Soon,

T.

4 comments:

  1. cool review! Looks like a cool product i guess :) Lovely blog <3

    I would appreciate it,if you visit my blog too!:)
    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/
    xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a convenient palette!

    xoxo
    http://extraextravagant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Great blog and congrats on your Birchbox anniversary.

      Delete