Tuesday, July 2, 2013

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation

Hey Ladies,

When I saw this foundation, I was instantly drawn to the cute packaging.  Plus, the liquid-to-powder concept is pretty unusual for a drugstore product. 


The foundation comes in a glass bottle that contains .91 fl oz. of product.  It retails for around $10 - $12 dollars.  There are 12 shades in the range, and I chose 316 Nude Beige.

First Impression:

The glass bottle, while cute, is a bit bulky, and the opening at the top is really, really small.  The actual foundation is incredibly thin and runny.  The combination of the small opening and the runny product makes it difficult to use.

The top of the foundation compared to a MAC lipstick
Given my experience with getting the product out and ready for use, I did not have high hopes for the application.  However, it went on smoothly and covered well.  I applied the product using my fingers (as recommended on the bottle).  I did need to use more product than I normally would, but the finish was amazing.

I think the key to using this foundation is to get an ample amount of product and not overwork it.  I applied it to small sections of my face at a time and blended it in with my fingers.  It transforms to a powder-like finish pretty quickly, so there is not a lot of time for blending.  It is a bit annoying (not to mention unsanitary) to keep returning to the bottle for more product, but since the product is so runny and hard to control, it is difficult to keep it on the back of your hand. 

Results:

Application problems aside, the product looks great on the skin, and it feels so silky smooth.  I really liked the results it gave, as it seemed to make my combination skin look glowy.  This is probably not the best formula for dry skin, since the powder-like consistency may cause it to cling to dry patches.  The coverage is about average for a drugstore foundation.  It is on par with my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation but not as heavy as Relvon Colorstay.

No Makeup
Foundation Only
Finished Look
One thing that really impressed me about this product was the wear time.  I wore it for 8+ hours without a touch up and still looked great at the end of the night.

Overall:

This is a cool idea and very unique for the drugstore.  If you need a new foundation and want to experiment with a new product, I think this is a good one to choose.  I would recommend it because it has a beautiful finish and mixes well with other foundations.

On its own, I don't think this is my "go-to" foundation, but it is a solid product.

Pros:
Unique Concept
Beautiful Finish
Blends Well with Others

Cons:
Runny Formula
Weird Bottle

Overall Grade: B

Talk Soon,

T.

4 comments:

  1. Great review, I just recently watched first impression on It's Judy's time and she said similar things as you :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great foundation! I'm surprised I haven't seen it in the drugstore yet!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it will be in your drugstores soon :)

      Delete
  3. Judy from itsjudy time said the same thing about the foundation. It looks great on your skin.

    ReplyDelete